DL (P) — 220x110mm
C5 — 162x229mm
120g SRA2 250 (pack) B1 250 (pack) 170g B1 125 (pack) 250g SRA3 100 (pack) B1 100 (pack) 350g B1 100 (pack) 信封 120g DL (P) 250 (pack) C5 250 (pack) 170x170mm 250 (pack)
250g B1 100 (pack)
120g SRA2 250 (pack) B1 250 (pack) 170g B1 125 (pack) 250g B1 100 (pack) 350g B1 100 (pack)
120g B1 250 (pack) 250g B1 100 (pack)
120g B1 250 (pack) 250g B1 100 (pack)
120g B1 250 (pack) 170g B1 125 (pack) 250g B1 100 (pack)
Rives papers, text and boards give excellent printing results with all major print processes. To optimise the print results we offer some recommendations:
Design and pre-press
- · A screen of 133 -150 lpi should be used.
- · Finer screens up to a maximum of 200 lpi can also give very good results with careful ink density control.
- · For dark 4 colour images with high ink density, under colour removal may be required depending on the visuals.
- · Aim for the total ink film weight of 260%.
Offset litho printing
For optimum results on textured products increase the blanket pressure or use a softer blanket to achieve consistent ink lay down.
- · Conventional positive drying inks should be used with or without infra-red drying assistance.
- · Fully oxidizing inks or UV inks may also be used.
- · Avoid using overnight / stay fresh / duct stable inks (this is essential for Ice White, where fully-oxidizing inks are recommended).
- · Always allow sufficient drying time.
- · Use laser stable inks for subsequent laser printing.
- · It is always advisable to consult your ink supplier about specific projects to ensure ink suitability.
- · To help avoid marking and set-off when printing multiple colours, 35micron anti set off spray for boards and 20micron for paper weights are recommended.
- · It may also be helpful to turn off the delivery stack joggers and restrict the delivery pile height particularly when printing boards.
- · Always protect paper from environmental humidity and temperature changes by using stack covers or stretch wrap.
Sealers and coatings
- · Sealers and press coatings can be used to help reduce marking for further operations.
- · Ensure the inks are suitable and best results are achieved when the inks are dry before sealing.
- · To achieve a gloss varnish, it is essential to pre-seal the surface with Silk screen applied matt UV varnish, followed by subsequent applications of gloss UV varnish to achieve the desired effect.
- · Ensure suitable inks are used prior to varnishing and that the inks are completely dry before varnish application.
- · Not recommended for paper weights. Consider a clear hot foil as an alternative.
Silk screen printing
- · Paper and board inks can be used, but when ink opacity is necessary vinyl inks give good results.
- · UV inks can be used.
- · For accurate ink placement the screen requires intimate contact with the substrate. Consequently some image detail will be compromised when silk screen printing on to the Rives textured papers.
- · It may be necessary to remove the paper texture from the image area to improve print clarity.
- · All finishes can be blind embossed.
- · For subsequent laser printing, we recommend a shallow embossing.
- · It may be necessary to remove the paper texture from the image area to improve embossing clarity.
Hot foil stamping
- · All finishes in the range can be foil stamped.
- · Foil printers can recommend the best foil for the image and paper choice.
- · It may be necessary to remove the paper texture from the foiled area to improve image clarity.
- · Rives papers can be easily die stamped with superior results on smooth papers with very detailed imagery.
- · Use waterbased inks for subsequent use with laser printers.
UV thermography systems can be used for letterheads ensuring compatibility with office printers.
- · Rives papers can be film laminated.
- · Silvering may be evident depending on the print image.
- · To reduce silvering increase laminating pressure and if possible apply excess adhesive if using wet glue lamination.
- · The film will bridge the texture of Rives Design.
Die and laser cutting
- · Rives papers and boards can be die cut.
- · While laser cutting is easy some scorching will be apparent around the cut area.
- · Laser cut papers are more prone to mis-feeds and jams within office printing technologies.
Folding and creasing
- · To guarantee good folding results, prior creasing is recommended.
- · Creases should be made parallel to the grain of the board.
- · For best results, a creasing rule and matrix system should be used.
- · Fold towards the bead for prominent folds.
Binding and adhesives
Standard adhesives and binding techniques can be used.
- · Compatibility to office printers should be tested.
- · Low weight Rives papers often give acceptable results for text and simple graphic applications.
- · The HP Indigo versions of Rives products are fully certified for use with HP Indigo digital presses.
- · For dry toner digital presses we stock a variety of Rives products in SRA3 format.
- · Other Rives papers work on various dry toner digital presses.
- · Compatibility to other dry toner digital presses should be tested.