|丽芙 Dry Toner|
Rives papers, text and boards give excellent printing results with all major print processes. To optimise the print results we offer some recommendations:
Design and pre-press
- · A screen of 133 -150 lpi should be used.
- · Finer screens up to a maximum of 200 lpi can also give very good results with careful ink density control.
- · For dark 4 colour images with high ink density, under colour removal may be required depending on the visuals.
- · Aim for the total ink film weight of 260%.
Offset litho printing
For optimum results on textured products increase the blanket pressure or use a softer blanket to achieve consistent ink lay down.
- · Conventional positive drying inks should be used with or without infra-red drying assistance.
- · Fully oxidizing inks or UV inks may also be used.
- · Avoid using overnight / stay fresh / duct stable inks (this is essential for Ice White, where fully-oxidizing inks are recommended).
- · Always allow sufficient drying time.
- · Use laser stable inks for subsequent laser printing.
- · It is always advisable to consult your ink supplier about specific projects to ensure ink suitability.
- · To help avoid marking and set-off when printing multiple colours, 35micron anti set off spray for boards and 20micron for paper weights are recommended.
- · It may also be helpful to turn off the delivery stack joggers and restrict the delivery pile height particularly when printing boards.
- · Always protect paper from environmental humidity and temperature changes by using stack covers or stretch wrap.
Sealers and coatings
- · Sealers and press coatings can be used to help reduce marking for further operations.
- · Ensure the inks are suitable and best results are achieved when the inks are dry before sealing.
- · To achieve a gloss varnish, it is essential to pre-seal the surface with Silk screen applied matt UV varnish, followed by subsequent applications of gloss UV varnish to achieve the desired effect.
- · Ensure suitable inks are used prior to varnishing and that the inks are completely dry before varnish application.
- · Not recommended for paper weights. Consider a clear hot foil as an alternative.
Silk screen printing
- · Paper and board inks can be used, but when ink opacity is necessary vinyl inks give good results.
- · UV inks can be used.
- · For accurate ink placement the screen requires intimate contact with the substrate. Consequently some image detail will be compromised when silk screen printing on to the Rives textured papers.
- · It may be necessary to remove the paper texture from the image area to improve print clarity.
- · All finishes can be blind embossed.
- · For subsequent laser printing, we recommend a shallow embossing.
- · It may be necessary to remove the paper texture from the image area to improve embossing clarity.
Hot foil stamping
- · All finishes in the range can be foil stamped.
- · Foil printers can recommend the best foil for the image and paper choice.
- · It may be necessary to remove the paper texture from the foiled area to improve image clarity.
- · Rives papers can be easily die stamped with superior results on smooth papers with very detailed imagery.
- · Use waterbased inks for subsequent use with laser printers.
UV thermography systems can be used for letterheads ensuring compatibility with office printers.
- · Rives papers can be film laminated.
- · Silvering may be evident depending on the print image.
- · To reduce silvering increase laminating pressure and if possible apply excess adhesive if using wet glue lamination.
- · The film will bridge the texture of Rives Design.
Die and laser cutting
- · Rives papers and boards can be die cut.
- · While laser cutting is easy some scorching will be apparent around the cut area.
- · Laser cut papers are more prone to mis-feeds and jams within office printing technologies.
Folding and creasing
- · To guarantee good folding results, prior creasing is recommended.
- · Creases should be made parallel to the grain of the board.
- · For best results, a creasing rule and matrix system should be used.
- · Fold towards the bead for prominent folds.
Binding and adhesives
Standard adhesives and binding techniques can be used.
- · Compatibility to office printers should be tested.
- · Low weight Rives papers often give acceptable results for text and simple graphic applications.
- · The HP Indigo versions of Rives products are fully certified for use with HP Indigo digital presses.
- · For dry toner digital presses we stock a variety of Rives products in SRA3 format.
- · Other Rives papers work on various dry toner digital presses.
- · Compatibility to other dry toner digital presses should be tested.