The Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, as expected, continues to rapidly evolve and we have, of course, been actively monitoring updates from governments and health institutions to help us manage through this unprecedented set of circumstances.
We would like to share with you the situation for Arjowiggins as of today:
- all of our mills (Stoneywood in Scotland, Chartham in England, Gelida in Spain, Quzhou in China) are running and producing under their normal shift pattern
- goods are travelling as normal, both for raw materials deliveries to our mills and for shipments of finished goods to our customers from the mills and from the distribution centres. However as governments put in place extra border controls and travel restrictions some extra delays may be unavoidable
- wherever possible and practical we have implemented smart working modes for our offices, such as working remotely from home. This means that our Customer Service support is operating as normal
- we have put in place strict hygiene procedures to protect our employees and all those who collaborate with us and have cancelled all travel
- we will continue to constantly monitor the situation and government/authorities' recommendations, meaning that the above statements may evolve rapidly to be in constant compliance
Our number one priority has always been, and will remain, our employees' health and safety, with the number two priority being to minimize as much as we can the impact on our customers. We will do the utmost to keep our business open and running as normal as much as possible.
We thank you for your continued trust and we will keep you informed of any relevant updates.