80g / 100g
80g / 100g / 250g / 300g
A4 / SRA2 / SRA1 / B1
Opale Reference Wove is the pure, smooth, everyday quality of Opale, available with or without its continuous watermark.
Paper Book reference page 174
DL — 110x220mm
C5 — 162x229mm
C4 (P) — 324x229mm
|C4 (P)||250 (pack)|
Opale papers, text and boards give excellent printing results with all major print processes. To optimise the print results we offer some recommendations:
Design and pre-press
- · A screen of 133 -150 lpi should be used.
- · Finer screens up to a maximum of 200 lpi can also give very good results with careful ink density control.
- · For dark 4 colour images with high ink density, under colour removal may be required depending on the visuals.
- · Aim for the total ink film weight of 260%.
Offset litho printing
For optimal results on the Reference Fabric products, increase the blanket pressure or use a softer blanket to achieve consistent ink lay down.
- · Conventional, positive drying inks should be used with or without infra-red drying assistance.
- · Fully oxidizing inks or UV inks may also be used.
- · Avoid using overnight / stay fresh / duct stable inks (this is essential for the Premier Shimmer range where fully-oxidising inks are recommended).
- · Always allow sufficient drying time.
- · Use laser stable inks for subsequent laser printing.
- · It is always advisable to consult your ink supplier about specific projects to ensure ink suitability.
- · To help avoid marking and set-off when printing multiple colours, 35micron anti set off spray for boards and 20micron for paper weights are recommended.
- · It may also be helpful to turn off the delivery stack joggers and restrict the delivery pile height particularly when printing boards.
- · Always protect paper from environmental humidity and temperature changes by using stack covers or stretch wrap.
Sealers and coatings
- · Sealers and press coatings can be used to help reduce marking for further operations.
- · Ensure the inks are suitable and best results are achieved when the inks are dry before sealing.
- · To achieve a gloss varnish, it is essential to pre-seal the surface with Silk screen applied matt UV varnish, followed by subsequent applications of gloss UV varnish to achieve the desired effect.
- · Ensure suitable inks are used prior to varnishing and that the inks are completely dry before varnish application.
- · Not recommended for paper weights. Consider a clear hot foil as an alternative.
- · All finishes can be successfully screen printed.
- · Paper and board inks, vinyl inks and UV inks can be used.
- · All finishes can be blind embossed.
- · For subsequent laser printing, we recommend a shallow embossing.
Hot foil stamping
- · All finishes in the range can be foil stamped.
- · Foil printers can recommend the best foil for the image and paper choice.
- · Opale can be easily die stamped with superior results on smooth papers with very detailed imagery.
- · Use water based inks for subsequent use with laser printers.
UV thermography systems can be used for letterheads ensuring compatibility with office printers.
- · Opale can be film laminated.
- · Silvering may be evident depending on the print image.
- · To reduce silvering increase laminating pressure and if possible apply excess adhesive if using wet glue lamination.
Die and laser cutting
- · Opale papers and boards can be die cut.
- · While laser cutting is easy some scorching will be apparent around the cut area.
- · Laser cut papers are more prone to mis-feeds and jams within office printing technologies.
Folding and creasing
- · Pre creasing is recommended to obtain best folds.
- · Creases should be made parallel to the grain of the board.
- · For best results, a creasing rule and matrix system should be used.
- · Fold towards the bead for prominent folds.
Binding and adhesives
Standard adhesives and binding techniques can be used.
- · All items in the Opale range up to and including 160g papers are guaranteed for pre-printing and subsequent use on all desk-top mono and colour, laser and inkjet machines, as well as copiers and digital all-in-ones, subject to manufacturers’ guidance on grammage and use.
- · Opale is also guaranteed for use on high output machines up to and including 160gsm.
- · Opale papers work on various dry toner digital presses.
- · Compatibility to other dry toner digital presses should be tested.