The fibres of the fast-growing, sustainable grasses that give Conqueror Bamboo its name provide exceptional print quality and a natural touch.
Paper Book reference page 11
DL — 110x220mm
C4 — 229x324mm
Watermarked 100g A4 500 (pack) DT SRA2 500 (pack) DT Unwatermarked 120g B1 250 (pack) DT 160g B1 150 (pack) 250g B1 100 (pack) 350g B1 100 (pack) 400g B1 50 (pack) Envelopes 120g DL 500 (pack) 114x310mm 250 (pack) C4 250 (pack)
Watermarked 100g A4 500 (pack) DT SRA2 500 (pack) DT Unwatermarked 120g B1 250 (pack) DT 160g B1 150 (pack) 250g B1 100 (pack) 350g B1 100 (pack) 400g B1 50 (pack) Envelopes 120g DL 500 (pack)
Unwatermarked 250g B1 100 (pack)
Envelopes 120g DL 500 (pack) 114x310mm 250 (pack) C4 250 (pack)
The whole range of Conqueror papers, text and boards give excellent printing results with all major print processes. To optimise your print results we offer some recommendations.
Design and pre-press
- A screen of 133 -150 lpi should be used.
- Finer screens up to a maximum of 200 lpi can also give very good results with careful ink density control.
- For dark 4 colour images with high ink density, under colour removal may be required depending on the visuals.
- Aim for the total ink film weight of 260%.
Offset litho printing
- For optimum results on textured and embossed papers, increase the blanket pressure or use a softer blanket to achieve consistent ink lay down.
- Conventional, positive drying inks should be used with or without infra-red drying assistance.
- UV inks may also be used.
- Avoid using overnight I stay fresh I duct-stable inks (This is essential for Contour, CX22 and Iridescent, where fully oxidising inks are recommended).
- Always allow sufficient drying time.
- Use laser stable inks for subsequent laser printing.
- It is always advisable to consult your ink supplier about specific projects to ensure ink suitability
- To help avoid marking and set-off when printing multiple colours, 35micron anti set off spray for boards and 20micron for paper weights are recommended.
- It may also be helpful to turn off the delivery stack joggers and restrict the delivery pile height particularly when printing boards.
- Always protect paper from environmental humidity and temperature changes by using stack covers or stretch wrap.
Sealers and coatings
- Sealers and press coatings can be used to help reduce marking for further operations.
- Ensure the inks are suitable and best results are achieved when the inks are dry before sealing.
- To achieve a gloss varnish, it is essential to pre-seal the surface with Silk screen applied matt UV varnish, followed by subsequent applications of gloss UV varnish to achieve the desired effect.
- Ensure suitable inks are used prior to varnishing and that the inks are completely dry before varnish application.
- Not recommended for paper weights. Consider a clear hot foil as an alternative.
- Paper and board inks can be used, but when ink opacity is necessary vinyl inks give good results.
- UV inks can be used.
- For accurate ink placement the screen requires intimate contact with the substrate. Consequently some image detail will be compromised when silk screen printing on to Conqueror textured papers. It may be necessary to remove the paper texture from the image area to improve print clarity.
- All finishes can be blind embossed.
- For subsequent laser printing, we recommend a shallow embossing.
Hot foil stamping
- All finishes in the range can be foil stamped.
- Foil printers can recommend the best foil for the image and paper choice.
- Conqueror can be easily die stamped with superior results on smooth papers with very detailed imagery.
- Use water-based inks for subsequent use with laser printers.
- UV thermography systems can be used for letterheads ensuring compatibility with office printers.
- Conqueror can be film laminated.
- Silvering may be evident depending on the print image.
- To reduce silvering increase laminating pressure and if possible apply excess adhesive if using wet glue lamination.
Die and laser cutting
- Conqueror paper and boards can be die cut.
- While laser cutting is easy some scorching will be apparent around the cut area.
- Laser cut papers are more prone to mis-feeds and jams within office printing technologies.
Folding and creasing
- Pre creasing is recommended to obtain best folds.
- Creases should be made parallel to the grain of the board.
- For best results, a creasing rule and matrix system should be used.
- Fold towards the bead for prominent folds.
Binding and adhesives
- Standard adhesives and binding techniques can be used.
- Conqueror Connoisseur, Wove, CX22 and Iridescent up to and including 160g, Bamboo up to and including 120g and Laid, Stonemarque and Contour up to and including 100g papers are guaranteed for pre-printing and subsequent use on all desk-top mono and colour, laser and inkjet machines, as well as copiers and digital all-in-ones, subject to manufacturers’ guidance on grammage and use.
- Conqueror High Speed Laser has a total office guarantee for use on high output machines.
- The HP Indigo versions of Conqueror products are fully certified for use with HP Indigo digital presses.
- For dry toner digital presses we stock a variety of Conqueror products in SRA3 format. (See Digital range chart for detailed information)
- Other Conqueror stocks work on various dry toner digital presses for which we have a compatibility table that can be downloaded here. (See Digital range chart)
- Compatibility to other dry toner digital presses should be tested.
Additional information for the printing of Conqueror Iridescent
- Use fully oxidising, quick drying inks with or without Infra-Red drying assistance. Avoid overnight / stay fresh / duct stable inks.
- Always allow sufficient drying time. Use Anti set-off spray when printing multiple colours. A hydroactive drying agent can be added to the ink or water to improve the ink drying.
- For improved ink drying time when printing heavy 4 colour images it may be beneficial to use under colour removal.
- Use laser stable inks for subsequent laser printing.
- It is normal for some of the special paper surface coating to transfer to the blanket. On normal run lengths, this should not cause the print quality to deteriorate.
- The Iridescent characteristics of the sheet will be compromised if using varnishes, seals and laminates.
- A trial is recommended if planning to use thermography.